Wednesday 11 April 2012

LATEST PICS

Bertie
HI Here are the latest pics.
 Bertie is feeling better and is resting. I have been attempting tumbling block stitch. It was easier than I thought and it looks effective. Designer yarns have promised to send me some more wool. so if anyone needs any please let me know.
 I get bored knitting the same stitch so I have been working my way through a couple of books. One is called 200 Knitted blocks by Jan Eaton. This is ideal as most sample blocks are between 30 and 35 stitches. It is a good way to try new stitches.The other book is called The Knitting and Crochet Bible. This too is good as it has a lot of stitches in i'd never heard of. I also love the old Golden hands books. These are brilliant for stitches. I have several of these. I also experimented on 20mm needles what fun
I had a 6ft length in no time at all. This is the great thing about this project being able to experiment.
It doesn't matter what it looks like. I had some lengths that looked like fishing net. Fantastic.
When the stream is finished it will be ever so interesting different textures, varying in size. So far it looks great. Each 100ft Roll is different in colour pattern  texture and size. Visually it's amazing.
It's stunning  and that is down to all your hard work. Thank you.
Tumbling Block stitch (Knitted)

Ridged columns knitted
Stocking Stitch fluffy wool and double knit alternate lines.
Stocking stitch using fluffy wools and double knit alternate rows.
As promised Tumbling Block Stitch. 

No comments:

Post a Comment