Friday 20 April 2012

One week to go

Isn't it exciting one week to go.
 I am knitting like crazy. My poor husband is being driven insane. Click click through Emmerdale, Coronation Street and Eastenders. Even Bertie Bassett is given me dirty looks. When will the knitting stop?.
Sad truth is even when the project is finished the knitting will continue it is an obsession like cheese and chocolate a guilty pleasure. Knitting has been my life since I was knee high to a grass hopper. I used to sit round my nan's house clicking away, losing stitches and making holes. She had the patience of a saint . She used to put right my work and show me again. If she showed me once she showed me a thousand times but we got there in the end.
In later years my Mother in law Val used to show me how to do certain stitches. She showed me how to Knit some funky baby boots. She was also very patient. sadly she is no longer with us. I inherited her Knitting needles and her Garden shed. Which is  now converted into an art studio. She always took an interest in my art and it's these inspirational people that  remind we why I want this project to be a success.

My Mother in law would have said it was a crazy idea. But I know she would have knitted for me. She understood that Fine art can be crazy.

I have been asked where knitting collection is taking place.
you can contact me at angelhomer@ymail.com and arrange for us to collect.
you can take to the lower gardens. boxes will be there 10am-5pm
or you can drop at my home address which I will give via e mail.

invite to the exhibition.
Photo of work in progress from a free cycler.
Thank you for  all your photos
This was at 18ft. NOW 300FT!!
it's good to see what every one is making for the exhibition. Thank you to all who are knitting etc.
I will put a list of workshop times up again on the next blog incase anyone would like to attend

No comments:

Post a Comment