Sunday 29 April 2012

Rainy Sunday

As Angel said, it's too wet for us to exhibit today. It's a shame when eveyone has put in so much effort for the whole exhibition, but as it's all outside, we're very dependant on dry weather. Just hope the weather improves for the rest of the time we're there!
As we've mentioned before, we're really interested in your thoughts about knitting - whether it's why you knit, or remembering someone else who used to knit, or even about your thoughts as you knit.
I'm asking visitors to tell me their stories, or write them, and I'm going to compile them into a hand-made book at the end of the exhbition, so please help me! It can be a whole story or just one line, I don't mind which. You can do this anonymously or use your name if you wish. If you don't want to put your comment on the blog but would like to be part of my book, you can e-mail me on isobel222@hotmail.co.uk

Here are some examples taken from some stories we've received :

I knit because it makes me feel happy, it gives me pleasure making something for somebody special. I knit a lot of things for my mum and I know she loves them.

I remember having a crochet urge in my early teens and made a bedspread out of crochet granny squares - predominant colour was orange (it was the 1970's after all) and it was pretty hideous!

 I started knitting and crocheting when my daughter was a toddler because |I could sit and keep her company while she was watching her kids program and it kept me occupied.

I was sitting at the bedside of a critically ill relative. I couldn't concentrate on a book - my normal refuge- but I needed to do something besides just sit and worry.... On my way home I saw a wool shop and bought needles and wool and I started knitting as I sat in the hospital day after day.

Thanks for helping - we hope we'll see some of you in the gardens when the weather improves.


No comments:

Post a Comment